Many of us like to shop, but we love to shop for a great cause. Well, it’s October 2nd and this month is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. So, for the next 29 days when you partake in some retail therapy a portion of the proceeds from your purchases will go directly to breast cancer awareness, education, research and empowerment. Imagine each time you go out shopping you have the ability to make a difference towards research for a disease that has afflicted us all either personally or closely. The American Cancer Society’s most recent estimates for breast cancer in the United States indicates that about 207,090 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in women in 2010. I have compiled a list of some of my favorite “pink” items that are currently available this month in honor of breast cancer research and awareness.
Happy shopping for the cause!
- Privacy Wear Burnout & Crewcuts Tees. $48 (possessions.com) 10% to Susan G. Komen
- Orbit White Bubblemint Big E Pak $3.00 (drugstores nationwide) 10% to outreach initiatives
- Switch Flops by Lindsay Phillips $35.00 (switchflops.com)) 15% to Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF)
- Ballmania Pink Ribbon Twist and Pout Lip Balm Ball $9 (amazon.com) 5% to B. C. R. F.
- Estee Lauder Elizabeth Hurley High Gloss Lip Color $16 (esteelauder.com) $500,000 to B.C.R.F.
- Jo Malone Red Roses Bath Oil $60 (department stores) $20,000 donated to B.C. R. F. Composed of seven types of roses from around the world, Red Roses is a surprisingly clean, voluptuous scent. With a heart of crushed violet leaves and hints of lemon and spearmint, it unfolds like a bouquet of fresh-cut flowers.
- Sonia Kashuk’s stylish clutch with makeup brushes $12.99 (target stores nationwide) 15% to B.C.R.F.
- Clinique Lip Gloss Key Chain $18.50 (sephora.com) $10 per gloss keychain donated to B.C.R.F.
- Dogeared Make A Wish Necklace $30 (dogeared.com) 100% of profits from purchase donated to B.C.R.F.
- Vie Luxe’s Palm Beach Candle $48 (saks.com) 15% to B.C.R.F.
- Bobbie Brown Pink Shimmer Brick Compact $38 (department stores) $35,000 donation to B.C.R.F.
- Microsoft four button (pink) mouse $40 (microsoft.com) 10% to Susan G. Komen
Article and Picks by Missy Ferraro