Disclosure: Party Bluprints has partnered with Aladdin PMI to develop entertaining tips and ideas.
Sweet Heat Party Favor Idea!
Try a DIY BBQ Rub Station as a fun party activity and a special way to say farewell to guests at your parties and BBQs this summer. Once again, the versatile Aladdin Mason Cups and lids served as a very special vessel for this favor. Fill containers partially with your favorite rub recipe or try ours below. Set out bowl and spoons with each of the ingredients in the rub, Then invited guests to add “sweet” or “heat” to personalize the rub to their liking. You can also create these favors ahead of time as a grab and go keepsake of your party.
For our rub container we choose the Aladdin 16oz Classic Mason To-Go Cups as the jar. They are perfect for indoor and outdoor entertaining and are safe poolside too. We love that they are made with durable Eastman® Tritan™ – which means it won’t crack, break or stain! They are dishwasher safe and BPA Free. Available online and at Walmart stores nationwide.
BBQ Spice Rub
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (optional)