Today we have 5 fabulous Champagne Cocktails for your New Year’s Celebration. Pick one or hey, maybe all five to toast to 2014!
1. ARISTOCRAT SPARKLING PUNCH
- Dissolve 1 cup cube sugar in 1 cup—from a quart—of sparkling water, and pour into a punch bowl.
- Add 1 bottle Burgundy and 4 ounces brandy, stirring well.
- Place a block of ice in the bowl, and pour in 2 bottles Champagne and the rest of the sparkling water.
- Garnish the top of the ice block with strawberries or raspberries, or other fruit in season, and float thin slices of 2 oranges on the punch.
* Dawn’s Note: An empty milk carton makes a great block of ice. Cut off the top and give it a good wash so the ice doesn’t smell. Then fill it up with some water and freeze. It may take a couple of days to get the ice nice and hard. When you’re ready just run some hot water over the sides of the milk carton and peel away the sides.
Image Credit and Recipe Credit to Gourmet.com
2. FRENCH 75
- 1/2 c simple syrup (Mix equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, and simmer until sugar dissolves. Let cool before using.)
- 1/2 c gin
- 1/2 c lemon juice
- 1 bottle champagne
- lemon twists (for garnish)
Mix together simple syrup, gin, and lemon juice. Chill, or mix with ice and then divide evenly amongst champagne flutes. Alternatively, you can take a little bit at a time and mix it with ice in a cocktail shaker. Top with champagne and a lemon twist.
3. CHAMBORD® & CHAMPAGNE
- 1/4 oz Chambord Liqueur
Add Chambord to bottom of a flute and top with Champagne. Garnish with a raspberry.
Fill champagne flute 2/3 full (or 1/3, for Anglophiles) of fresh-squeezed orange juice and top up with brut champagne.
5. KIR ROYALE
- 6 ounces champagne
- 1/2 ounce crème de cassis
- Lemon twist
Pour the champagne and cassis into a champagne flute. Stir. Garnish with lemon twist.