A quick search on google will reveal that Pomelos are unique citrus fruits that make incredible cocktails! That coupled with the fact that this Charred Pomelo cocktail was created by Gail Simmons, Top Chef judge and celebrity culinary expert make it one we need to try. Cheers to chef Simmons who created this exclusive recipes for Pure Leaf Tea.
Charred Pomelo Twist – By Gail Simmons
- Canola oil for grill
- 1 pink grapefruit, quartered
- 1/2 cup Pure Leaf Sweet Tea
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fine smoked salt
- Heat a grill pan to medium high heat and brush with canola oil. Add quartered grapefruit, flesh side down, and grill until well charred, 2–3 minutes per cut side. Remove from grill and allow to cool.
- Juice grapefruit, straining seeds and reserving one juiced wedge. In a cocktail shaker, muddle together charred grapefruit juice and cilantro. Add Sweet Tea and plenty of ice and shake until well chilled.
- Rub the rim of two rocks glasses with the reserved grapefruit wedge. Spread the smoked salt on a plate and swirl the rims of each glass through the salt to coat. Add ice to glasses.
- Strain the grapefruit/tea mixture into the glasses. Garnish each with a few cilantro leaves and serve immediately.
- Optional: Add 2 oz mezcal to mixture before shaking.