There are two distinct types of French 75 fans: some are gin enthusiasts and some are cognac lovers – we fall into the later camp and like ours served on the rocks. Our version of The French 75 is made with cognac and fresh lemon juice, it’s sophisticated and so refreshing. It’s also simple to make with just four basic ingredients: champagne, lemon juice, agave nectar and cognac.
French 75 – Cognac
(Makes 4 Cocktails)
- 6 oz. cognac
- 4 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. agave nectar (you can substitute 3 oz. simple syrup)
- 16 oz. champagne
- 4 lemon twists
- Fill glasses ½ – ¾ with ice (depending on the size of your glass, the bigger it is the more ice you’ll need – you can use a variety of glasses including high ball, red wine or iced tea glasses)
- Fill cocktail shaker ¾ with ice.
- Add cognac, lemon juice and agave nectar. Shake.
- Pour evenly into 4 glasses. Top with champagne.
- Garnish with lemon twists.
See this cocktail featured in our Red Carpet Cocktail and Concession Stand here>