Here’s one of my favorite Holiday punch recipes: The Sparkling Cranberry Blush. I love it because it combines two of my favorite flavors: lemon and cranberry. The flavor combo makes a refreshing teaser for the meal ahead, plus the addition of Champagne gives this punch a special, sparkling holiday touch.
When hosting a bunch or trying to put out a meal like Thanksgiving or Christmas, punch is perfect. It looks festive and pretty, plus guests can help themselves (saves you the time of mixing cocktails one by one). You’ll be busy with the finishing touches on dinner and if not, you’ll be able to join your guests as they enjoy some Holiday Cheer!
Sparkling Cranberry Blush
Yield: 6 quarts (serving size: 3/4 cup)
- 3 cups cold water
- 2 (48-ounce) bottles cranberry juice cocktail, chilled
- 2 (6-ounce) cans thawed lemonade concentrate, undiluted
- 2 (750-milliliter) bottles brut champagne, chilled
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a punch bowl, and stir well.
- Add chilled champagne, and stir gently.
- Serve immediately.
All credit for recipe to Cooking Light, APRIL 1995
Dawn’s Note: For a festive garnish, use toothpicks or cocktail picks to skewer fresh cranberries. As shown in image above. You can do this ahead of time and leave them out on a tray next to the punch.