PURE LEAF is bringing its fresh-brewed taste to the most exciting 2 minutes in sports – The Kentucky Derby!
At this year’s 138th ‘Running of the Roses’, PURE LEAF will partner with Gail Simmons, of Bravo’s Top Chef, to share her hand-crafted, very own Derby-inspired cocktails using Pure Leaf Tea. Pure Leaf will be hosting a food immersion lead by Simmons for bloggers during the pre-Derby festivities. Bloggers will enjoy food and beverages that feature “tea” as a key ingredient. Thus, highlighting the latest ‘tea’ trend in the hottest restaurants across America and providing home chefs with recipes that they can use when entertaining their friends and family. To join the party online and learn more, visit the PURE LEAF facebook fan page>
LEMON GINGER “TULEP”
- 3 tablespoons ginger simple syrup (recipe below)
- 6 to 8 fresh mint leaves, plus a sprig for garnish
- 1 cup Lemon Pure Leaf Iced Tea
- Cold club soda
- Candied ginger, for garnish
- In an old fashioned glass, muddle ginger simple syrup with mint leaves.
- Add ice and Lemon Pure Leaf Iced Tea; stir well. Top with a splash of club
- soda and garnish with a slice of candied ginger and a sprig of mint.
- To make a cocktail: Add 1.5 ounces overproof Kentucky bourbon before adding the tea.
Developed by: Gail Simmons, judge on BRAVO’s “Top Chef” and Food & Wine magazine contributor
Here’s a another recipe from PURE LEAF that I will be serving at my party, The Derby Day Tea-Lep ( pictured in header).
I love it served with alcohol or without, it’s a perfect signature cocktail (or mocktail) for all my guests. It also features fresh ingredients like mint and lemon, which pair perfectly with PURE LEAF‘s fresh tea taste. Tea cocktails are all the rage and I love serving food and beverages at my party that make my guests feel special, while introducing them to something new. Hope you love them too and cheers to the Derby!
DERBY DAY TEA-LEP
makes 1 servings
- 3 ounces Pure Leaf Sweetened Iced Tea
- 3 lemon slices
- 6 large mint leaves
- In highball glass, add mint and then crush. Add two lemon slices and
- fill glass with ice, Pure Leaf Sweetened Iced Tea. Garnish with one
- lemon slice.
Tip: For a special twist, add 1 ounce Kentucky bourbon.
Make sure to check out the other delicious drink and food recipes for your PAR-TEA on PURE LEAF’s Facebook page>
PURE LEAF takes its tag line seriously, “for the love of leaves” , and shows its love for Mother Earth too!
Each is all-natural iced tea that from leaves that are hand-selected from China, India, Africa and South America for their distinctive and smooth flavor by Pure Leaf’s Master Tea Blenders. Pure Leaf is also Rainforest Alliance Certified™ for sourcing tea sustainably. The new square bottles are made of PET plastic. This means they are lightweight which equates to more bottles, lighter loads and less fuel used in transport. The PET plastic bottle is 100% recyclable.
PURE LEAF has a taste for everyone and comes in variety of flavors.
- Unsweetened Iced Tea: Hand-selected black tea leaves are freshly brewed in water until the drink achieves the perfect flavor. (0 calories per serving.)
- Sweetened Iced Tea: Black tea leaves are hand-selected and brewed to create the finest tea flavor, which is sweetened with all-natural sugar. (70 calories per serving.)
- Extra Sweet Iced Tea: Reminiscent of a Southern sweet tea, the all-natural sugar is the highlight of this drink. Bold in flavor, this iced tea strikes the palate with sweetness and black tea. (110 calories per serving.)
- Iced Tea With Raspberry: A bold tart berry flavor meets the smooth character of black tea leaves. (80 calories per serving.)
- Iced Tea With Peach: The natural tangy-sweet flavor of peach perfectly mingles with the bold, refreshing flavor of all-natural black tea leaves. (80 calories per serving.) Also available in diet (O calories per serving.)
- Iced Tea With Lemon: The natural flavor of lemon mingles perfectly with the traditional taste of fresh-brewed black tea leaves. (70 calories per serving.) Also available in diet (O calories per serving.)
- Green Tea With Honey: The delicate flavors of green tea and honey work perfectly together to make an airy and refreshing iced tea. (60 calories per serving.)