Piña Coladas are a quintessential summer cocktail, but are NOT always a girl’s best friend. For example an 8-ounce piña colada that gets served up at a poolside bar can pack 640 calories. That’s a 100 calories more than a Quarter Pounder with Cheese. Not exactly a beach-worthy accessory. So, can you still enjoy a cocktail and have a bikini body? Of course! Thanks to DonQ’s head mixologiest Esteban Ordoñez. He has slimmed down the piña colada recipe for an on the rocks and blended version. The results are just as refreshing and they’re the perfect low-calorie cocktail to celebrate summer!
DonQ Skinny Colada- On the Rocks 250 calories LESS than the 8 oz. bar variety!
- 2 oz. DonQ Coco rum
- 1 oz. Pineapple juice
- ½ oz. Coconut milk
- Shake all ingredients with ice.
- Strain into a highball glass with ice.
- Garnish with pineapple wedge and dry coconut flakes.
Approximately 195 calories
DonQ Skinny Colada- Blended 286 calories LESS than the 8 oz. bar variety!
- 1½ oz. DonQ Gold rum
- 1 oz. Unsweetened pineapple juice
- ½ oz. Cream of coconut
- Mix all ingredients with ice in a blender at high speed.
- Serve in a stemmed tall glass.
- Garnish with pineapple slice and cherry.
Approximately 177 calories