Homemade gifts from the heart are some of my favorite to gift. Make up a few batches of this festive Holiday Sangria, wrap it up and give them as favors, hostess gifts or stocking stuffers (I’d love to find this in my stocking!) Or display it as the focal point of your “help-yourself-bar” at your holiday gatherings.
Holiday Sangria Recipe
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 granny smith apple, washed and sliced
- 1 orange, washed and sliced
- ¾ cup brandy
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1.5 L bottle Carmenere (Chilean Red Wine)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional if you like your sangria on the sweeter side)
- 1 Half gallon wide mouth Mason jar
Add cranberries, cinnamon sticks, apple and orange slices to an 8 cup Mason jar. Pour in brandy and orange juice and then fill jar almost to top with wine. Stir, screw on top tight, and refrigerate overnight.
Note: Make sure to remove all seeds from orange and apple slices before adding to jar.
Do you have a favorite Sangria recipe? We would love for you to share it – leave a comment!