Spice up your holidays by trading the traditional punch bowl in for a warm cocktail that you serve up from the slow cooker. Fill the air with a hint of spice that makes everyone feel like they are home for the holidays. This cocktail recipe gets cooking way before guests arrive, so all you have to do is spike it with bourbon just before they arrive. Wishing you a festive season filled with holiday cheer!
Slow Cooker Spiked Cranberry Apple Cider
(Serves 15 – 20)
- 1 gallon cranberry apple cider
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 20 cloves
- 20 allspice
- 1 ½ cups bourbon
- 6 clementine and 20 additional cinnamon sticks (for garnish)
- Assemble spice sachet: place cinnamon sticks, cloves and allspice in center of doubled square of cheesecloth. Gather up corners and tie with string around middle to secure.
- Pour cider into slow cooker. Drop in spice sachet. Cook on high for two hours or on low for four hours.
- Meanwhile prepare garnish: peel clementine as a continuous peel, cut strips from peel, wrap strip around a pencil and hold securely for 30 seconds before removing. Store clementine spirals in a plastic bag. When cider is ready, wrap spirals around cinnamon sticks.
- Stir in bourbon and keep on warm.
- Serve warm cocktail in stemless wineglass garnished with a clementine wrapped cinnamon stick.