Sangria is perfect for the summer. You can mix up a pitcher then unwind with friends on the patio or poolside. Here is a delicious recipe for doing just that. Enjoy!
Red Wine Sangria
- 2 large oranges, one orange sliced and one orange juiced
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Grand Marnier
- One 750 ml. bottle of Rioja, chilled
- Add sliced orange, peach, lemon and sugar to large pitcher.
- Mash gently with a wooden spoon until fruit releases some juice, but is not totally crushed, and sugar dissolves.
- Stir in orange juice, Grand Marnier and Rioja. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, add 6 to 8 ice cubes and stir vigorously to allow even distribution of the fruit and pulp.