When hosting for the holidays, we love featuring a signature cocktail. It’s a tradition in both our homes!
WHY WE LOVE IT
- It sends a message to your guests that they are special.
- It shows you put thought and time into hosting family and friends.
- It’s fun and festive and can enhance the vibe, theme and even food at your holiday celebration.
BE A CONSIDERATE HOST
- A non-alcoholic version of your signature cocktail is a must for Considerate Entertaining. There are a myriad of reasons that your friends and family may choose not to “drink“, ranging from being the designated driver to pregnancy. Don’t relegate these guests to the soda bar, offer them a mocktail version of your signature cocktail.
- Also be sure to remember the children – they are your most impressionable guests. When you host them for the holiday you have the unique opportunity to create memories for them that will last a lifetime. A signature drink like the Shirley Temple with Stripes below is a great way to make them feel special too!
THANKSGIVING SIGNATURE COCKTAIL SUGGESTIONS
We love these two cocktails for Thanksgiving and Holiday entertaining.
Maple White Russian – For the Adults
A special recipe from Target – check out A Bullseye View for more Holiday Inspiration>
what you need
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce coffee liqueur
- 1 ounce pure maple syrup
- 1 ounce milk or cream
- Combine vodka, coffee liqueur and syrup in a glass filled with ice. Stir.
- Pour in milk. Serve.
Shirley Temple In Stripes – For The Kids (big and small)
A special recipe from Target
what you need
- 3/4 cup Soda Stream Lemon-Lime Sparkling Beverage
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grenadine
- 1 maraschino cherry or orange wedge
- Pour sparkling beverage into glass.
- While tilting glass, add juice so it runs down inside glass and settles under soda.
- Tilt glass again and pour in grenadine; allow it to settle at the bottom.
- Garnish with cherry or orange. Serve with a straw.