Photo credit: Alexandra Mascali
It’s Friday Night Bites and tonight we feel like taking a dip!
For many, this would be the ultimate Friday Night Bite, paired with a glass of wine. If you are hosting an intimate gathering, this special little appetizer is a true treat served up in these individual-sized servings. Your guests will covet their serving of dip and wont’ have to worry about any “double dipping.”
- 10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach
- 13.75 oz. can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese (you can use ⅓ less fat), softened
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 oz. grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Spray ramekin (individual-sized baking dishes) with non-stick spray and place on rimmed baking sheet. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place frozen spinach in a strainer, run warm water over it until thawed. Wrap thawed spinach in paper towels and squeeze until excess water is absorbed.
- In large bowl, combine artichokes, cream cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and garlic. Mix thoroughly (I like to use an immersion blender to give it a thorough mix – you don’t want to use a blender as you want chunks of artichoke hearts to remain in your dip.)
- Fold in chopped spinach.
- Spoon 1½ - 2 heaping tablespoons of dip mixture into each ramekin.
- Sprinkle top of each with grated Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
© 2012 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved