Candied Bacon is fast becoming a hot item on menus in restaurants across the country.
This special treat has the salty and savory flavor of bacon, mixed in with a punch of sweet – an unforgettable taste. The two opposite but complementary flavors hit your taste buds at the same time and create magic!
Candied bacon makes a perfect party appetizer. Try serving it alone or with cheese and honey (recipe is below) and watch how fast YOU become everyone’s favorite host.
Candied Bacon atop Honey Drizzled Cheese
- 6 slices uncooked bacon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- ½ lb. wedge Manchego cheese
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Plain crackers (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix brown sugar and chili powder together in shallow rimmed dish.
- Dip each bacon strip in brown sugar mixture fully coating both sides. Lay in disposable aluminum pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until crispy (keep careful watch to ensure they don’t burn).
- Allow to cool slightly. Remove from pan and place on paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil. Allow to completely cool and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Cut wedge of cheese into bite-size pieces and arrange on serving dish. Drizzle lightly with honey in zigzag pattern. Top with piece of candied bacon. Cheese should be room temperature and not cold when served.
(Note: wrap and refrigerate any leftover Candied Bacon – it’s great for late-night snacking!)