Get the Party POPPING!
These Jalapeño Party Poppers are one of our family’s favorite treats. We order them in restaurants all the time, so I was happy to find an easy and delicious recipe at Kraft Kitchens. They make a great appetizer for everything from summer BBQs, to home gating and the holidays. Hope you enjoy them too.
Jalapeño Poppers – recipe from Kraft Kitchens
- 24 fresh jalapeño peppers (about 2 lb.)
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8 slices cooked OSCAR MAYER Bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 40 RITZ Crackers, finely crushed (about 1-2/3 cups)
- 2 cups oil
- CUT lengthwise slit in top of each pepper; scrape out seeds and veins. Combine next 3 ingredients; spoon into peppers.
- ROLL peppers in flour; dip in eggs, then roll in cracker crumbs to evenly coat. Place in single layer in shallow pan. Refrigerate 15 min.
- HEAT oil in medium saucepan to 375ºF. Add peppers, in batches; cook 3 min. or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.