This light version of bruschetta features the flavors of fresh produce. It’s my summer “go-to” appetizer; I never get tired of it. Go light with the olive oil because there’s nothing better than fresh produce and you want its flavor to shine through. This appetizer is not only affordable to prepare, it’s easy, just the way we like it!
GRILLED SUMMER BRUSCHETTA
Ingredients (serves 10-12)
- 1 loaf Italian bread (sliced into ½” slices)
- 1 clove garlic (cut in half lengthwise)
- 4 plum tomatoes (rinsed, sliced thinly and chopped)
- ¼ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- olive oil
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- fresh basil (ribbon-cut/thinly sliced), to taste
- Preheat grill. Spray or brush both sides of each slice of bread with olive oil, then rub each side with cut side of garlic.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Grill bread on medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side. Mix in basil to tomato mixture.
- Top each slice with a generous tablespoon of tomato mixture. Serve.
© 2011 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved, www.partybluprintsblog.com