photo credit: Alexandra Mascali
It’s time for Friday Night Bites and tonight we are taking nachos to a new level!
You can serve these Sausage Nachos as an entree or appetizer – it will bring you rave reviews either way. Top with our recipe for homemade Fresh Guacamole here> and you have just made Friday night special!
- 9 oz. bag restaurant style corn tortilla chips
- 1 lb. Italian sausage (sweet)
- 8 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup guacamole
- 1 bunch scallions, washed and sliced
- Remove sausage from its casings and crumble into small pieces in non-stick pan. Cook over medium heat until brown and crunchy.
- Remove sausage from pan to paper towel-lined bowl to remove excess oil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread tortilla chips on baking sheet or oven-safe serving platter.
- Sprinkle sausage on top, followed by shredded cheese.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with scoop of salsa, sour cream and guacamole*. Garnish with scallions.
© 2013 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved