Here’s a recipe for a delicious appetizer that’s a favorite on my holiday table. The recipe was featured at the Sandra by Sandra Lee NYC blogger event earlier this year. I hope you enjoy it and serve it to your guests this holiday season. Many thanks to Sears HC and Sandra Lee for sharing it with us, so we could share it with YOU!
Prep 25 minutes Bake: 20 minutes Makes 24 mushrooms
- No-stick cooking spray, Pam®
- 24 large fresh mushrooms, 11?2 to 2 inches in diameter
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup San Francisco sourdough stuffing mix, Stovetop®
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, Sargento®
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, Sargento®
- 2 tablespoons pesto, Classico®
- 2 teaspoons garlic blend, Gourmet Garden®
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking pan with cooking spray; set aside. Wipe mushrooms clean with paper towels; remove stems and discard. Brush inside and outside with olive oil.
2. In a medium bowl, combine stuffing mix and the boiling water. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Stir in ricotta, mozzarella, 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, pesto, and garlic. Spoon stuffing mixture into mushroom caps. Place caps on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.