Today we’d love to share this amazing recipe from Cat Cora’s Kitchen by Gaea that features some of summer’s best treats!
Serve this delicious platter of fresh picked stuffed peppers, tomatoes and flat mushrooms baked in the oven, and served warm. It’s the perfect appetizer or side dish for entertaining guests these last weeks of summer. The fresh, ripe vegetables and ingredients pair perfectly with cold pressed, all natural olive oils, and create a healthy Mediterranean diet-friendly dish.
Stuffed Peppers, Tomatoes And Mushrooms
Yield: 4 servings – Prep Time: 30 min. – Cook Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup couscous
- water, vegetable or chicken stock
- 4 red peppers, halved and seeded
- 4 yellow peppers, halved and seeded
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 8 flat mushrooms
- Cat Cara’s Kitchen by Gaea’s D.O.P. Sitia (or Kalamata) extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 4 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 1/2 cup Cat Cora’s Kitchen by Gaea Pitted Green Olives, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh mint
- Natural Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Additional Cat Cora’s Kitchen by Gaea D.O.P. Sitia (or Kalamata) extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Place couscous in a bowl and pour over hot water – or vegetable, or chicken stock just to cover by half a thumbnail. Leave to absorb.
- Halve and de-seed peppers and tomatoes and remove stalks from mushrooms. Place in a roasting tin and roast in a pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes until just lightly softened.
- Remove from oven. At the same time, fluff up couscous with a fork.
- Add crumbled feta, pine nuts, sliced olives, garlic and chopped mint. Season. Mix carefully.
- Spoon into pepper and tomato halves and over mushroom caps.
- Drizzle over olive oil.
- Return to oven for 15 minutes – or until feta is just melting and the top of the filling is crusty.
- Drizzle with olive oil before serving.