Bessie’s Bean Dip prep: 15 minutes
- 1 lb ground beef, chicken or turkey (chicken or turkey is better)
- 1 can of tomato soup
- 1 cup of salsa – choice of flavor (I prefer peach mango)
- 1 can of rinsed and drained beans – choice of white, cannellini, red, kidney, etc
- 1 (8oz) pkg of shredded cheese – choice of cheddar, mozzarella, monterey jack, etc half for cooking and half for topping
- In skillet, brown meat till there is no liquid, add rest of ingredients, mix occasionally and let sit in pan over medium heat for 5 – 10 minutes or until warmed thoroughly.
- Put in serving bowl and sprinkle remaining cheese to garnish to serve as dip with tortilla chips or crackers. Options to serve in soft tortilla with lettuce & tomato or over salad. * I would also add chopped green onion or chives as garnish
Unfortunately, I did not make Bessie’s Bean Dip today so the image above comes from the Touchdown chili post.