It’s time for Friday Night Bites and tonight we have a special treat that features TEQUILA!
Try this refreshing treat with a kick. Adults only please, tequila spiked watermelon sprinkled with fresh lime juice and coarse salt. Love this cocktail/appetizer all in one – when you’re done with your treat, enjoy the liquid part, watermelon infused tequila! Cheers
- 1 seedless watermelon
- blanco tequila
- 8 limes, washed and cut into wedges
- kosher/sea salt
- 18 – 14” knotted bamboo skewers
- Wash outside of watermelon and cut in half. Using melon baller, scoop out melon balls. Place melon balls in bowl and set aside.
- Line up martini glasses on serving tray. Skewer two melon balls and place in glass. Repeat process until all glasses are filled with a watermelon skewer.
- Pour approx. ½ oz. of tequila over each skewer, excess will collect at bottom of glass. Squeeze lime over each skewer, sprinkle with salt and garnish with lime wedge.
Enjoy and cheers to the weekend! Friday Night Bites is a weekly food series from the Partybluprints Blog.