It’s time for Friday Night Bites and tonight we have a special treat that features TEQUILA!
Try this refreshing treat with a kick. Adults only please, tequila spiked watermelon sprinkled with fresh lime juice and coarse salt. Love this cocktail/appetizer all in one – when you’re done with your treat, enjoy the liquid part, watermelon infused tequila! Cheers
- 1 seedless watermelon
- blanco tequila
- 8 limes, washed and cut into wedges
- kosher/sea salt
- 18 – 14” knotted bamboo skewers
- Wash outside of watermelon and cut in half. Using melon baller, scoop out melon balls. Place melon balls in bowl and set aside.
- Line up martini glasses on serving tray. Skewer two melon balls and place in glass. Repeat process until all glasses are filled with a watermelon skewer.
- Pour approx. ½ oz. of tequila over each skewer, excess will collect at bottom of glass. Squeeze lime over each skewer, sprinkle with salt and garnish with lime wedge.