It’s Tuesday so we’re sharing another awesome recipe from the Tessemae Recipe Blog.
These simple but special sliders are just perfect for Oscar® night! They make a satisfying appetizer without all the calories of regular sliders. We think they’re red carpet worthy and the stars would approve!
What you need
- 1 pound ground dark meat turkey
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Tessemae’s Honey Mustard
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, halved and sliced
- 12 leaves bibb lettuce, or whole grain slider rolls
- 12 toothpicks
What to do
- Heat your broiler to high and line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, scallions, 2 tablespoons Honey Mustard, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Mix just until combined and try not to over mix.
- Form the turkey into 12 patties and line them up on the baking sheet. Broil until browned on top, about 8 minutes. Flip over and broil until a thermometer inserted in the center registers 165, about 4 minutes more.
- Serve the sliders topped with cucumber, avocado and plenty more Honey Mustard. Wrap in lettuce or slider buns using toothpicks to secure.