1) BLT CROSTINI : Prep Time: 15 min – Total Time: 30 min – Makes: 12 appetizers
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese (2 oz)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced (2 tablespoons)
- 12 slices (1/4 inch thick) baguette French bread
- 6 slices refrigerated fully cooked bacon (from 2.1-oz package), cut in half
- 1/4 cup finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- 4 cherry tomatoes, each cut into 3 slices
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix cheese, mayonnaise and onions. Spread about 1 teaspoon cheese mixture on each bread slice; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Top each with half slice of bacon.
2. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges of bread are golden brown and cheese is melted.
3. Garnish each crostini with lettuce and tomato slice.
2)BLT PINWHEELS Prep Time: 35 min – Total Time: 1 hour 35 min – Makes: About 30 servings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso® Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 3 spinach-flavor, tomato-flavor or plain flour tortillas (8 to 10 inch)
- 3 roma (plum) tomatoes, seeded, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
1. In small bowl, mix mayonnaise, cream cheese, salsa and mustard until blended. Stir in bacon.
2. Spread bacon mixture evenly over tortillas. Top with tomatoes and lettuce. Tightly roll up tortillas.
3. Wrap tortilla rolls individually in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 8 hours. Cut into 1-inch slices; secure each slice with toothpick.