Watermelon Ice RecipeServes: 6
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- a 3-pound piece chilled watermelon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a sauce pan on low heat, simmer water and sugar, stirring until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl set in a larger bowl of ice and cold water
- Stir continuously until syrup is cold.
- Cut watermelon into 1-inch chunks.
- Purée watermelon in blender slowly adding the syrup, and lemon juice.
- Pour all the liquid from the blender through a fine sieve into a 9-inch square metal baking pan
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and freeze.
- Scrape watermelon ice with a fork to lighten texture and put small juice glasses or tumbles.
- Garnish with a small wedge of watermelon.