image credit: Regal Springs
We love fish tacos and often order them when dining out. However this summer we wanted a go-to recipe for making them at home. After quite a bit of searching, we found this recipe from Regal Springs. It tops our must-make list because it pairs fiery hot blackened Tilapia with creamy guacamole and cool mango salsa. The combination of flavors is pure magic!
Blackened Fish Tacos Recipes
- 4 Regal Springs Tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 pinch of salt
- Drizzle of canola oil
- Corn tortillas
- Mango Salsa (we like the one sold at Costco)
- Cotija cheese
- Make blackening seasoning by combining chili powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cumin and salt.
- Coat both sides of each tilapia fillet with blackening seasoning.
- Into a pan over medium-high heat, heat the canola oil. Add tilapia fillets and cook on each side until cooked through, about 3–4 minutes.
- Slice each fillet into strips.
- Layer tilapia onto warmed tortillas. Top with guacamole, salsa and cheese.
- Chef’s Suggestion: For a fresh twist on fish tacos, try a salsa of chopped fresh mango, jalapeño, tomato, red onion and cilantro, seasoned with a pinch of salt and squeeze of fresh lime juice.