What’s better than a BLT? The answer for us is a BLT with Ally’s special avocado mayonnaise.
What we love most is that everyone else loves them too and they are the perfect item to serve for a weekday dinner or to a crowd on football Sunday. Crispy bacon is key and since tomatoes are in season, you can pick up a bunch of fresh juicy red ones today. Serve them with chips and you have a lunch or dinner that will leave your satisfied and smiling.
“Our twist on the BLT sandwich features an avocado mayonnaise spread which adds a unique touch to this sandwich and makes it taste great. This spread is not meant to be the star of the show, but a complement to the crispy bacon, crunchy lettuce, and juicy tomato.” – Alexandra Mascali
- 1 16 oz. pkg. cooked bacon
- 12 slices of whole wheat potato bread, toasted
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 ripe avocados
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- After preparing toast, bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes, make avocado mayonnaise spread. Remove pit and scoop avocado from peel. Empty into blender/food processor with lemon, mayonnaise, and salt & pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Spread a tablespoon of avocado mayonnaise over both slices of toast and layer on lettuce, tomato, and bacon.
- Cut in half and serve.