It’s time for Friday Night Bites and tonight we are ready for a BBQ.
Feed a crowd with this easy to prepare recipe for mini burgers. This recipe allows you to prepare a tray of sliders ahead of time, so all you have to do is lift them out of the dish, pop them on the grill, slide them in a roll, and serve them up. Perfect for Friday night parties!
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 lbs. ground beef (85% lean)
- 2 pkgs. sliced potato rolls/slider rolls (12 rolls/pkg.) – smaller than hamburger rolls
- Place ground beef in an extra-large bowl and mix in onion powder, garlic powder, pepper and salt – incorporate seasonings into meat by gently mixing with your hands, but do not overwork it.
- Distribute meat mixture evenly in a 13” x 9” baking dish. Cover meat completely with plastic wrap or wax paper. Using your hands, gently apply pressure to ensure an even distribution of mixture across the pan (don’t pack meat down too much).
- Cut the meat into 15 even squares (tip-off: cut tray into a 3 x 5 grid – yields 15 sliders). Cover and refrigerate. Preheat either your outdoor grill or indoor grill/grill pan. Remove tray from refrigerator to take the chill off the meat. When grill is heated, simply lift out burgers and place on greased grill. Cook burgers for 6-7 minutes per side or until they reach desired degree of “doneness”. Serve up in buns and allow guests to top with their own selection of condiments. We topped ours with white American cheese and caramelized onions.
- To make caramelized onions, coat bottom of fry pan with olive oil. Heat on medium heat. Add two large sweet onions sliced and coat thoroughly with oil. Sprinkle with fresh cracked pepper and sea salt. Continue stirring onions until translucent. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. sugar and cook until onions are caramelized (after 20-30 minutes they should be golden brown, continue to stir throughout cooking process).
© 2013 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved