Challah Bread French Toast with Blueberry Lemon Coulis is both delicious and hearty. It’s also easy to make and serve which will keep you out of the kitchen and allow you to enjoy time with your guests.
Challah French Toast with Blueberry Lemon Coulis
Makes 4 large French Toast
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ loaf challah bread – sliced into 1 ¼” – 1 ½” pieces
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Confectioners sugar
- Prepare coulis: add blueberries, lemon juice and sugar to a non-stick saucepan and stir, drop in cinnamon stick. Heat on low-medium heat for 20-30 minutes, stirring intermittently until mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat and allow to set.
- Preheat large non-stick pan or griddle on medium heat.
- Add eggs, milk and cinnamon to a glass pie dish, whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Dip bread slices one at a time into egg mixture, making sure to coat both sides well.
- Place coated bread slices on greased pan and cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Top with blueberry lemon coulis, sprinkle with confectioners sugar and serve with syrup.