Photo Credit: http://www.easyliving.co.uk
All Hail To The UK!
Last week my next-door neighbor and friend Jacque, who hails from the UK, sent my son home with one of her magazines for me to enjoy. It was Easy Living magazine, a publication from our friends across the pond, and boy did I enjoy it. It was full of awesome articles and recipes and it was so nice to get a slightly different and very British, perspective. I was so taken with the magazine, that I had to visit the site – there I found so much more to enjoy. Here’s the link to the Easy Living site so you can enjoy too. I especially loved the site’s Collection of 20-Minute Meals (you can view it here>). There, I found this awesome recipe for Speedy Cherry Tomato Pasta with Napolitana Sauce. I shared it below, but be sure to check out all 40 recipes – each looks delicious, easy to prepare, and is accompanied by a gorgeous photo of the finished product. Thanks Jacque!
Speedy Cherry Tomato Pasta with Napolitana Sauce – all credit to Easy Living Magazine
Serves 4, Preparation 10 mins, Cooking 10 mins
- About 400g (14oz) penne
- 100ml (3fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 anchovies
- ½tsp dried, crushed chilli
- 400g (13fl oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2-3tbsp roughly chopped basil, to garnish
- Freshly grated parmesan or vegetarian cheese, to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following the packet timing, until aldente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic, anchovies and chilli and sauté for 2-3 minutes, slightly crushing the anchovies. Add the tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes, shaking the pan, until the tomatoes are softened and starting to burst. Add the basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta well and return to the saucepan. Pour over the sauce. Serve immediately with grated parmesan (or vegetarian cheese).
View the rest!