This refreshing and cool cumber and dill salad can be prepared and chilled two hours before serving.
It’s a cinch to make, and pairs perfectly with any grilled meat or fish. Enjoy the recipe below, and try it out at your next celebration!
- Use English cucumbers if you can find them.
- If cucumbers are waxed peel them with a vegetable peeler.Choose firm, unblemished cucumber and check for soft spots, especially at the ends.
- Avoid cucumbers with yellow streaks, as these indicate the cucumbers are past their prime.
- Refrigerate, unwashed, in a plastic bag for up to 1 week.
- If the cucumber is waxed, peel with a vegetable peeler.
Cucumber and Dill Summer Salad
- 4 cucumbers, sliced thin
- 1 small white onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup white vinegar
- ½ cup water (warm water)
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place cucumber slices in colander. Sprinkle with salt; toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Prepared dressing while waiting, whisk vinegar, water, white sugar, and pepper in large bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Toss together the cucumbers and onion in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over the cucumber and onions, add fresh dill and toss well.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours; serve cold.