Banana bread and muffins are a favorite breakfast and snack in our house, and they’re perfect for any party too! I ‘ve been making them for years the same way, so I was happy to find this recipe that adds a special twist – a sweet topping! It’s a great way to serve a warm, homemade treat. Hope you will enjoy them too.
Banana Crumb Muffins
Makes 10 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 bananas, mashed (small/medium size)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line muffin pan with 10 paper cup liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter until smooth with few lumps
- Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture until all the ingredients are moist.
- Fill 10 muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon of butter until mixture is moist and crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over over muffin tops.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes (Test doneness with a toothpick in the center of a muffin – it should come out clean)