Perfect Valentine’s Day Breakfast for your LOVE MUFFINS!
These delicious Banana Love Muffins are simple to bake and make everyone feel special. Serve them as a surprise breakfast for your loved-ones or enlist the help of the kids in the house to bake some memories together!
Banana Love Muffins
(Yields 18-20 muffins)
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3 cups flour
- 1/8 cup wheat germ
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- Strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line cupcake tins with liners and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in mixer. Beat in eggs one at a time on medium speed.
- In separate bowl, mash bananas. Mix salt, baking soda, vanilla and cinnamon (optional) into mashed bananas. Add to creamed butter mixture and mix on medium until fully incorporated.
- Add flour and wheat germ and mix on medium just until incorporated, be careful not to over mix.
- Fill muffin wells ¾ of the way, bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- When muffins are completely cool, use a small heart cookie cutter to make a heart cutout in middle of muffin. Use a knife to carefully remove the “cutout banana muffin” leaving a heart-shaped well in the top of the muffin. Fill with jam.
© 2014 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved