The holidays are here and it’s time for decadent desserts.
We are happily spreading holiday cheer this season with a recipe from Golden Blossom Honey. The recipe below combines chocolate and caramel with honey and is just about as good as it get!
About Golden Blossom: Family owned and operated since 1921, Golden Blossom Honey has been a staple in millions of American kitchens. Golden Blossom Honey‘s signature patented blend is composed of three flowers — extra-white clover, sage buckwheat and orange blossom. The result: A distinct flavor, color and fragrance possessed by no other honey brand.
Brownie Caramel Torte
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup GOLDEN BLOSSOM HONEY
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups walnut pieces
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter a 9-inch springform pan.
- Brownie Layer: Melt butter in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in cocoa powder. Add brown sugar, stir to combine until sugar has dissolved. Mix in remaining ingredients. Spoon into prepared pan and spread evenly. The batter will just cover the bottom of pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until just firm. Cool on rack.
- Caramel Filling: Over a medium heat melt butter, brown sugar and honey, stirring to combine. Adjust heat to keep mixture at a low boil and continue cooking 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mixture will thicken and brown. Watch carefully so that it does not begin to burn. Remove pan from heat and mix in cream and vanilla. Let cool. Place walnut pieces on top of brownie layer and drizzle with cooled caramel. Set aside.
- Ganache: In a medium saucepan, heat cream to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until mixture is smooth. Refrigerate 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes. Ganache should be thickened. Stir again and spoon on top of caramel.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to one day. To serve, carefully run a knife around edge of torte. Remove sides of pan and transfer cake to a plate.