Make any night during the holiday season a special one for your family. These Chocolate Drizzled Peanut Butter Cookies put smiles on the faces of everyone at your family table and they’re super easy to make and bake!
Chocolate Drizzled Peanut Butter Cookies
makes 24-30 cookies
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 8 oz. Baker’S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate bar
- 2 tbsp. shortening
- Red and green jimmies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix first 4 ingredients until well blended and set aside.
3. Beat butter, peanut butter and sugars in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy.
4. Blend in eggs and vanilla.
5. Gradually add in flour mixture, beating well after each addition. Chill dough for at least 1 hour.
6. Roll heaping tablespoon of dough into a ball. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Dip fork in granulated sugar and make crisscross pattern with tines of fork. Repeat process until all cookies are made.
7. Bake 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool thoroughly on cooling racks.
8. Melt chocolate and shortening in large glass bowl in microwave on low for 1 minute. Stir until melted. If needed, microwave additional 30-60 seconds or until smooth when stirred. Drizzle chocolate on top of cookies and sprinkle with jimmies.
Tip: Try dipping your cookies in the chocolate and covering chocolate portion in jimmies.