Image credit Alexandra Mascali
It’s time for Friday Night Bites and since it’s cold outside and the kids are still feeling under the weather, it’s a perfect night for a movie. And there’s no better match for a movie than popcorn, so we challenged our dessert expert, Alexandra to come up with a simple but special recipe for us! Without fail, she popped up the perfect recipe and lots of fun. Alexandra shares it below, enjoy!
Chocolate and peanut butter are my absolute favorite combination. I am always looking for foods to pair with this winning combo – popcorn never tasted so good. I can’t wait to share this Friday Night Bite with my friends and it’s so easy to make! – Alexandra Mascali
- 4 cups fresh popped plain popcorn
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- Arrange colorful cupcake liners on rimmed baking sheet. Fill each with popcorn and set aside.
- Add chocolate chips and peanut butter to a large glass bowl. Microwave on low for one minute; and, then, stir for one minute. If chocolate chips are not completely melted, microwave for an additional 15 seconds and stir until mixture is completely smooth.
- Allow chocolate mixture to cool slightly. Pour into sealable gallon plastic bag. Snip off corner of bag and drizzle chocolate peanut butter mixture over popcorn. Allow to set for 30 – 60 minutes before serving.