Chocolate Truffle Recipe
Who doesn’t love Chocolate Truffles? And when is it a better time to indulge with these delicious treats then on Valentine’s Day.
We have THREE words for this Valentine’s Day Treat: RICH, DARK, DECADENT! So satisfying, you only need ONE of these babies! Not only do they make the perfect Valentine’s Day party dessert or gift, but they are easy to make – and look as though it took you hours. Enjoy.
Easy Chocolate Truffle Recipe
(Makes 36 Truffles)
- 3 doz. chocolate sandwich cookies (like an Oreo)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 4 oz. hot pink melting chocolate wafers
Check out these Valentine’s Day Sandwich Cookies. They are delicious and easy to make!
Chocolate Truffle Recipe Instructions
1. Place cookies in a gallon-size sealable plastic bag, seal and crush with the back of a large wooden spoon (you can also use a food processor.)
2. Empty cookie crumbs and softened cream cheese into mixer and mix until fully incorporated.
3. Transfer chocolate mixture to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for an hour. Roll mixture into 1” balls and place on rimmed cookie sheet lined with wax/parchment paper and freeze for an hour.
4. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl/glass measuring cup and melt on low for 1-2 minutes until it starts to melt, stir for 60 seconds. If chocolate pieces remain, microwave for another 60 seconds and stir until chocolate is completely melted.
5. Remove chocolate balls from the freezer and drop one by one into melted chocolate. When completely covered, return to wax/parchment lined cookie sheet. Repeat process until all are covered.
6. Melt hot pink chocolate wafers in microwave for 1 minute and stir until completely melted. Spoon into a sealable plastic bag, seal and snip off just the very end of a bottom corner. Pipe chocolate decoratively over truffles.
7. Return truffles to the freezer until completely set and then store in the refrigerator.
Have you ever made Chocolate Truffles?
© 2014 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved