These scrumptious cookies are an all-time favorite in my “peanut butter crazed” house. I have to admit that there are not many combinations better than peanut butter and chocolate and if have the luxury of serving these warm they literally melt in your mouth! They are a great option for a cookie exchange because they feel “scream” Christmas, just make sure to note the ingredients for those with nut allergies. Enjoy!
- About 48 HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 3/4 cup REESE’S Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 cups all-purpose biscuit baking mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- About 1/4 cup sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter in large bowl until smooth. Add baking mix and vanilla; blend well. Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until very lightly browned (do not overbake). Remove from oven; immediately press chocolate piece in center of each ball. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Store in tightly covered container. About 48 cookies
Variation: CHEWY CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS: Add 1/4 cup HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa to baking mix; proceed as above.