Cool Cranberry Coulis for Summer Parties
We love this refreshingly, delicious Cranberry Coulis recipe for easy summer entertaining. You might want to mix up a big batch, because this tart treat is a simple way to make your recipes special. You can drizzle it over everything from french toast to ice cream; as well as use it like a simple syrup to jazz up a cocktail. We chose cranberries as the starring flavor for this coulis recipe because of their bold and refreshing taste. The bonus is that cranberries are America’s Original Superfruit and have many wonderful health properties. They contain antioxidants; are naturally fat and cholesterol free, low in sodium and are a good source of dietary fiber. It’s the perfect All-American treat because you will feel FREE to indulge! Be sure to check out UScranberries.com to view more amazing recipes. Please enjoy our recipe below!
Easy Homemade Cranberry Coulis Recipe(Makes 2 cups)
- 1 ½ cups fresh/frozen cranberries
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup water
- Combine all ingredients in non-stick saucepan.
- Heat on medium heat, while intermittently stirring. Once mixture comes to a boil, turn down to a simmer and continue to stir until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Puree using either an immersion blender (stick blender) or blender.
- Place a fine sieve strainer over a glass bowl and strain mixture. Use a spatula to help pass all liquid through the sieve, leaving the solids behind.
- If mixture appears too thick, return to saucepan and whisk in a tsp. or two of water and heat on medium, continually stirring to obtain desired consistency.
- Store refrigerated in airtight container until ready to use.
Party Bluprints is proud to have partnered with the US Cranberry Marketing Committee to develop recipes and promote the goodness of cranberries.