Perfect Party Dessert Idea!
As we love easy summer entertaining, we couldn’t wait to share this fun and festive party dessert idea! Create a delicious dessert in a jar for guests. It’s perfect for adults’ and children’s hands and a must for outdoor entertaining! We made our trifle with homemade custard and tart Cranberry Coulis. The coulis is soaked up by cubes of buttery pound cake and the delicious dessert is topped off perfectly with real cream topping. We chose the bold flavor of cranberries to make this dessert refreshing for summer. Plus, cranberries are America’s Original Superfruit and have many wonderful health properties. They contain antioxidants; are naturally fat and cholesterol free, low in sodium and are a good source of dietary fiber. Be sure to check out UScranberries.com to view more amazing recipes. Please enjoy our recipe below!
- Prepare Cranberry Coulis and Custard according to recipes and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Deposit ½ of the pound cake cubes in bottom of each mason cup.
- Add a layer of custard.
- Place remaining pound cake cubes in cups.
- Liberally drizzle with Cranberry Coulis.
- Unwind licorice wheels and tie around neck of mason cup and spoon. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, top with a spritz of whipped topping.