Stumped over what treats to serve to your Gluten-Free family members or friends for the holidays? We have the perfect solution thanks to our friends at Veria.com, an online extension of the national health and wellness TV network Veria Living.
Hope you enjoy, we know your guests will!
- 1 1/2 cups extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup organic roasted peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 droppers vanilla cream stevia liquid (available in natural foods stores and online)
- 3 teaspoons Stevia Plus powder (available in natural foods stores and online)
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar
- 3/4 cup roasted carob powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- For filling:
- 1 cup organic peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- For candy: Line mini cupcake tins with paper liners. Melt coconut oil under hot water or spoon into a saucepan and melt over low heat. When coconut oil turns to liquid, pour into a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in peanut butter until smooth.
- Whisk in vanilla, cinnamon, liquid and powdered stevia and agave nectar, 1 ingredient at a time. Slowly stir in carob and cocoa powders, 1 spoonful at a time. Stir in almond meal and hemp seeds, 1 ingredient at a time, sprinkling evenly as you go. Batter should run off of spoon easily but not be too runny.
- For filling: In a separate bowl, mix peanut butter and agave. It’s best to use a thick peanut butter.
- Spoon candy mixture into cupcake papers until 1/3 filled. Spoon in a 1/2 teaspoon of the peanut butter filling. Pour candy over peanut butter, leaving space at the top of the paper liner. Chill in freezer for 15 minutes. Store in the freezer.