Summer Entertaining should be easy and full of freshness. This recipe for a summer ice cream pie meets all of those criteria and tastes “out of the world” – we promise!
It’s been nicknamed “Better than Key Lime Pie” by our families – which in my circles is the highest of compliments. It’s also perfect for the Gluten-Free Guest and no one else will ever suspect it’s gluten-free.
The combination of the luscious lime ice cream, sweet strawberry jam and hint of ginger is the perfect refreshing summer party dessert. You can make up a few and freeze them for when an impromptu party pops up this summer at your house. Print the recipe below to keep and share!
|Lime Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream Pie|
- 1 ½ cups crushed gluten-free gingersnap cookie crumbs (you can substitute regular gingersnap cookie crumbs for a “non-gluten free” pie)
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1.5 quart container vanilla ice cream, softened
- 6 oz. frozen limeade concentrate, softened
- ¼ cup
- Simple Strawberry Jam
- 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix 1 ¼ cups cookie crumbs and butter together until fully incorporated. Pour into a 10” pie dish (if you don’t have a 10” pie dish you can use a 9”) and spread evenly across bottom and up sides. If you have a smaller pie dish insert it on top of crumbs and press down to distribute crumbs evenly. Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool thoroughly.
- Prepare Simple Strawberry Jam ahead of time and refrigerate – you can prepare days ahead.
- Allow ice cream to soften in a large mixing bowl along with limeade. Mix together until thoroughly incorporated. Pour into pie crust and distribute evenly. Drop tablespoons of jam on top of pie – using a knife pull jam through pie creating swirls. Sprinkle pie with reserved cookie crumbs. Garnish with a lime circle twist (cut a lime in half and cut a thin slice of lime – lie the lime circle on a cutting board and make a cut ¾ of the way across the diameter). Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours.
© 2013 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved, www.partybluprintsblog.com