We love this dessert because it’s so simple to make, but looks so special (and it tastes just as special.) The grilled pound cake serves as the base – its crunchy exterior hides a soft buttery interior, both tastes and textures are equally delicious in combination with the refreshing sweet flavors of the berries and the creamy rich ice cream.
Ingredients (serves 8-10)
- 1 large loaf pound cake (cut into ¾” slices)
- 1 16 oz. package strawberries (rinsed and sliced)
- 1 dry pint blueberries (rinsed)
- 1 dry pint blackberries (rinsed and sliced in half)
- confectioners’ sugar (powered sugar)
- 1 1.5 quart carton French vanilla ice cream
Preheat grill. Rinse and dry berries. Mix together in a bowl and set aside. Put slices of cake on medium heat grill, grill on each side 3-4 minutes per side until cake is heated through and grill marks appear. Remove from grill, top with berries, sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and a mini scoop of French vanilla ice cream.
© 2011 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved, www.partybluprintsblog.com