Sweet treat made with love!
Today, we’re happy to share Elizabeth’s delicious recipe for custard. Whether you use it in your favorite recipe, or our Boston Cream Pie or Cranberry Custard Trifle recipes, it’s the perfect way to add a touch of homemade sweetness to your desserts. Hope you enjoy!
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly whisked
- 2 tbsp. butter, sliced into small pieces
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- In a non-stick saucepan, combine sugar, flour and salt. On low heat, whisk milk into flour mixture until smooth. Raise heat to medium and bring mixture to just a slight boil.
- Whisk constantly for 3-5 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and whisk one cup of mixture into egg yolks – return to saucepan. Whisk constantly for 2-3 minutes while simmering until mixture slightly thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla, stir until butter is completely melted.
- Sit a fine sieve colander atop a glass bowl and strain custard. Place plastic wrap directly on top of custard to keep skin from forming.
- Refrigerate approximately one hour until cool.