Jam Thumbprint Cookies
(Makes 6 dozen)
These cookies are a childhood favorite and I’ve passed on my love for them to my daughter. The family tradition continues and my mom can’t get a break from making them! Enjoy these melt in your mouth bite-sized cookies that look like they have a gem in the center.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix butter, shortening, brown sugar, egg yolk and vanilla until blended well.
3. Mix in flour and salt.
4. Make 1 inch balls and place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Using your thumb (my mother always used a thimble) make a well in the middle of each ball.
6. Bake for 8-10 or just until cookies start to turn slightly golden brown.
7. Remove from cookie sheet and allow to cool.
8. Fill each center with jam.
© 2013 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved