My Mother-in-Law, Laura makes the best carrot cake on the planet. We look forward to the treat whenever she bakes. The last time she shared her magic with us, it was in the form of cupcakes and they were delicious. As I was enjoying more than one, I knew I needed to share the recipe here with you. It has been passed down from one family member to another and we’re not sure of its origin – only that it’s divine!
Laura’s Carrot Cupcakes
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups corn oil
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots (packed well)
- 1 can crushed pineapple (drained)
- Sift flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Beat eggs and oil together, Add eggs and mix well.
- Add powder mixture and egg mixture together and mix well.
- Stir in carrots and pineapple and mix.
- Pour into cupcake tin with cupcake liners (approx. 24)
- Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees
- Cool before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
Beat cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually add in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, and mix on low speed until smooth. Store in refrigerator until you are ready to frost the cupcakes.
Note: Optional – sprinkle with crushed nuts