Easy and moist Lemon Loaf Cake
This Lemon Loaf Cake is the perfect treat to enjoy with breakfast tea, as a mid-day sweet or an after dinner dessert. It’s also super easy to make and bake. Add fresh berries and cream to take this cake over the top or drizzle with powered sugar glaze and decorate with lemon wheels.
Note: It’s also a thoughtful homemade gift and the perfect dessert to bring to a family gathering or BBQ.
Lemon Loaf Cake
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ white cake mix
- 2 containers (6 oz each) Yoplait® Original yogurt lemon burst
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons coarse sugar
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9×5-inch loaf pan with shortening; lightly sprinkle with flour.
- 2 In large bowl, beat cake mix, yogurt, melted butter, lemon peel and eggs with electric mixer on low speed until ingredients are moistened; scrape bottom and side of bowl. Beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter in pan. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- 3 Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool in pan on cooling rack 10 minutes; run metal spatula around edge of loaf to loosen. Remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
Powered Sugar Glaze:
- 1 1/4cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk (more if needed)
Mix milk into sugar. Add the milk 1 Tbs at a time to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cake