Can you imagine serving a hot, chocolaty dessert right out of the oven to your guests at your next dinner party? Well you can and you will be able to join them at the table for the whole meal! I found this awesome recipe on the Very Best Baking site from Nestle. It does not get much easier than this, just mix the ingredients as per the directions below the day before your party and store individual ramekins the fridge. The night of your party, you can pop them in the oven and 20 minutes later serve your guests freshly baked souffles, hooray!
Make-Ahead Chocolate Soufflés
Prep: 15 min
Cooking: 18 min
Cooling time: 24 hrs refrigerating
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Granulated sugar
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 container (14 ounces) Vanilla HÄAGEN-DAZS Ice Cream
- Strawberries, raspberries or shaved chocolate
- powdered sugar
- SPRAY eight 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups with nonstick cooking spray; coat lightly with granulated sugar.
- MICROWAVE morsels, butter and baking cocoa in large, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in egg yolks and vanilla extract.
- BEAT egg whites in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in 1/3 cup granulated sugar until stiff peaks form. Stir one-fourth of egg white mixture into chocolate mixture to lighten. Fold in remaining egg white mixture gently but thoroughly. Spoon into prepared ramekins, filling about 3/4 full. Cover soufflés individually with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- PREHEAT oven to 400° F. Remove plastic wrap from soufflés. Place soufflés on baking sheet. Bake on center oven rack for 18 to 20 minutes or until puffed and center still moves slightly.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately, with toppings of your choice.
Cook’s Tip: If you wish to prepare batter and bake immediately, reduce bake time by a couple minutes.