Fall has arrived bringing delicious flavors, including our family’s favorite pumpkin! Whether you’re already a “clean eater,” or trying to reduce your sugar intake, Simple Mill’s pumpkin treats are the perfect healthy alternative.
All Simple Mill’s mixes (like the one used for the recipe below) provide “real and simple” ingredients that also tastes great!
Each mix is:
- Higher in protein and lower in sugar than competitors
- Gluten-free and non-GMO certified
- Made with nutrient-rich ingredients like almond flour and coconut sugar
I can’t wait to make these for my boys.
Mini Pumpkin Doughnuts
Makes 24 mini doughnut muffins
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons coconut or grapeseed oil
- ¾ cup water
- 1 box Simple Mills pumpkin muffin mix
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray or lightly grease two mini muffin pans and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, then whisk in the oil and water.
- Whisk in the pumpkin muffin mix and beat vigorously until thoroughly incorporated and no clumps remain.
- Add a heaping Tablespoon of batter to each compartment of the prepared muffin pans.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the tops are domed and firm to the touch, and a tester comes out clean. Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- While the muffins are cooling in the pan, whisk together the coconut sugar and ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
- As soon as the muffins are cool enough to handle, place each one in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, firmly rolling it around so that the cinnamon-sugar sticks. Gently toss it around a couple of times until the whole thing is covered. Once covered, place each muffin back on to the wire rack to finish cooling.
- Repeat with the remaining muffins.
- Serve immediately.