Simply the BEST fruit dip recipe ever!
Here’s is a summertime twist on a Sandomeno family favorite, party dessert. My Mother-In-Law has been serving this for years and it’s always the star of the table! Plus, it’s a healthier option than most desserts. When you add the dip it takes this dessert from delicious to deliriously good! Hope you enjoy and try it at your next gathering.
Sunset Skewers – The Perfect Ending to a Perfect Evening
Once the sun has set and your guests have enjoyed their cocktails and meal, offer them a refreshing bit of paradise with our Sunset Skewers recipe. As an indulgence, we’ve added a fabulously fun fruit dip!
- 14 wooden skewers
- 1 fresh pineapple – cubed
- 2 cantaloupe – cubed
- 5 kiwi – peeled & sliced
- 1 32 oz. container strawberries – washed & hulled
- 2 6 oz. containers blackberries, washed (you can substitute red grapes)
- 1 box Jell-O Instant Pistachio Pudding & Pie Filling (+ ingredients listed on packaging)
- 1 8 oz. tub frozen whipped topping
- Splash of Amaretto (optional)
- Using bamboo skewers, skewer the fruit in the following order to represent the sunset: blackberry or red grape (reddish/purple), strawberry (red), cantaloupe (orange), pineapple (yellow) and kiwi (green).
- Arrange skewers on a large round platter in an arc to simulate the sky at sunset. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve with dip*.
- Defrost frozen whipped topping.
- Prepare pistachio pudding according to directions and fold into cool whip.
- Add a splash of Amaretto (optional).
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.