Photo Credit: Alexandra Mascali
The weekend just got a whole lot sweeter – enjoy this week’s Friday Night Bites recipe!
The different textures in this mile-high sweet are guaranteed to send your taste buds soaring. This dessert has a fudgy brownie-goodness with a layer of gooey marshmallow topped with a chocolaty peanut butter crunch.
- 1 batch of brownies
- 1½ cups toasted rice cereal
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1½ cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Make brownies using favorite brownie mix/recipe – bake in square 8” x 8” pan according to package instructions/recipe.
- Tip: Line pan with parchment paper so it is easier to remove dessert when ready to serve.
- When the brownies have one more minute to bake, remove from oven and sprinkle marshmallows on top. Then, place brownies back in oven for one minute.
- Upon removing brownies from the oven, use the back of a spoon to spread the melted marshmallows over all of the brownies. Then let brownies cool completely. Tip: Use a spoon sprayed with non-stick spray to avoid the marshmallows from getting stuck to the spoon.
- Melt peanut butter, chocolate chips and butter in a large glass bowl on low in microwave for 30 seconds, mix, and microwave on low for another 30 second. Mix thoroughly. Stir in toasted rice cereal.
- Spread peanut butter mixture over completely cooled brownies. Place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Using ends of parchment paper, remove brownies from pan, cut, serve, and enjoy!
© 2014 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved
Enjoy and cheers to the weekend! Friday Night Bites is a weekly food series from the Partybluprints Blog.